Tuesday, December 3, 2013

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like...Ice Storm?!?!?

Dear Friends,

I feel that this post must be long (ahem should I say LONG) overdue.  Probably a good 1.5 months or more overdue.  However, I cannot apologize for spending time on things like being a mommy, being a wife, being a focused student, a dedicated counseling intern, or even more recently also a full time employee at a popular coffee shop (read: in my "free" time!! ahahaha! NOT!).  My life has been full, full to the max.  For the most part, I truly like it that way.  Sometimes I do not.  However, I am grateful for so many things as well as several people as we rapidly approach this special time of year, Christmas.

Speaking of which, it's beginning to look a lot like ICE STORM in my neck of the woods, friends!  Hence the title of this post.  No, I'm not one itsy bits teensy weensy bit excited about an ice storm. I was, however, very excited when I thought I spotted a possible snowstorm in the forecast! Snow is just so much prettier and so much easier to play in and....well....I guess ice can b pretty, but it's just not safe. And it causes power outages and angry, desperate people stuck in their homes without heat and such. Snow on the other hand, can be a nice little part of the winter season. And what could be more Christmas-y than snow, I must ask?? We will just have to wait and see the weather we get this coming weekend. But I will pray that it is snow and not the dreadful, dangerous and damaging ice!  What's the weather like where you live? Warm and sunny, temperate, dry?  Snowy or icy and cold, gray skies and gusts of wind? We've had several very gray days lately, as if the sun has decided to sulk for a while.  But the weather on and around Thanksgiving day was actually quite pleasant!

So today I'm thinking of Christmas songs, or carols.  There are so many I love.  The list of the songs or carols I enjoy is gargantuan compared to the tiny list of the few that quite honestly bug the bugs right out of me each and every year. Yes, I honestly have a few.  But it's because they are a few that the radio station where we live ALWAYS plays, over and over and over and over and . . . . well, you catch my drift!  I hear them and think to myself, I know there are a great deal of songs and carols with a wide variety of styles and rhythms and performers and lyrics. Could we not attempt to try a few of those and sprinkle the over-played, overused songs here and there a bit more artfully?  Alas, I am not in charge of the radio programming. If I was......well, that would be a different story!  ;-)

Anyhow, bringing myself back to the moment here.  I'd like to hear, what is your favorite Christmas song or carol? And since I despise being limited to just ONE favorite in basically any category, I will ask you instead, what are your top three favorites?  And for any particular reason?  And then, if you have one you really just are tired of hearing (as I can totally empathize and I am in no sense a Scrooge, so don't feel too bad if you do have one or two that you're just tired of hearing!), what is that one?  Don't worry....on the odd chance the one you're sick of is an especial favorite of my own, I won't take offense!! hahaha  :-)

Happy December, everyone! Thanks for stopping in!!  Stay warm and safe and Happy Happy Holidays!

p.s. (I realized after typing my post that I spoke not a word of my favorite carols or songs this lovely time of year. So, if you care to know my favorites or even my least-liked, please, tell me so when you comment!  Be a dear and comment, too!!! :-)  I'd love to read it! ta-ta-for-now!)

1 comment:

  1. Totally agree about the radio Christmas song choices! I love it when I finally hear something that I don't hear as often. It's been very cold and snowy here, and I'm loving it! I think Decembers should be snowy. :-)

    ReplyDelete