Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Raindrops on Roses

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens,
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens,
Brown paper packages tied up with string,
These are a few of my favorite things . . . . 

This rather famous song from the Sound of Music likes to prance through my head just about every time it rains here!  And guess what, it's raining this very minute! And I'm loving it!  An unexpected summer shower.  Although it is exceptionally dark outside since this cool, moist front moved in (think dusk in the middle of the afternoon!! wow!), it's a pleasant break from the standard hot, humid weather we've experienced for some time.  I don't know about how it is where you live, but when it decides to get down to business and rain here, it gets DARK out there!  It never ceases to amaze me!  Some parts of the U.S. don't get so dark out when it rains, for instance, I don't remember it ever getting to dark and ominous up in Montana.  Something unique about here I suppose.  That and how hard it can rain.  My word! Talk about raining cats and dogs! I think they should add in horses, here! It's raining cats, dogs AND horses today, folks!  :-)  Just sayin'!

So what comes to mind first thing for you when a rain shower begins?  Do you have a song that pops into your head as I so often do? Or do you have a different reaction entirely?  I love the sound of rain falling on my roof! It is soothing, a beautiful sound of nature at work.  :-)

Have a lovely day, and may the best rain showers be yours this summer!

3 comments:

  1. In Belgium it rains pretty often, so i'm glad it doesn't turn dark every time haha! Sometimes it does, when there's a big storm for instance :)
    I don't think I react to rain really, but when there's a storm I like to watch it (for some time)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I love to sing that song. We got a wonderful downpour over here as well. :) LOVING the cool morning and the misty fog. Such a nice break from the pitiful heat we've had.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Evelien: It rains pretty often where you live? It does here, but more in the winter I think than the summer. But my goodness it truly turns dark outside when it gets serious! Thank you for stopping by!

    @Mrs. Pedersen: I know! I think we both love that song! I am soooo ready for autumn with crisp, cool mornings and pleasant days! :)

    ReplyDelete