Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Dwelling on the Greater God


Why, my soul, are you downcast?
Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
for I will yet praise him,
my Savior and my God.

By day the Lord directs his love,
at night his song is with me--
a prayer to the God of my life.

Psalms 42:5,8

You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.

I John 4:4


It has been a rough few days in some respects, and today has started as another rough day.  Yet I find my spirit wanting to draw closer to God, to find His love as my great and consistent sustenance.  To tell my soul, my body, my spirit -- all of which feel downcast at one point or another and sometimes all simultaneously -- to not be disturbed, but to hope in God.  Because His love is directed toward me, and even at night his song is with me.  Because I am a child of the living God and have overcome what is in this world because He who is in me is greater than the one in this world.  Because I know, in my deepest heart of hearts, that God loves me and will take care of me in a better way than I could ever ask, no matter what may come. Thank you, Lord. 

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to know you are going through a rough patch soon. We need to catch up! Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES He WILL take care of you! He's there with every step you take and every move you make (Every step I take, I take in You, You make me move, Jesus!- Do you know that song? :))
    Hope everything will get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. saying a prayer for you, sweetie. may He carry you through whatever it may be! xo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Mrs. Pedersen: We do need to catch up! I'm so glad we try to stay caught up. I appreciate your sentiments!

    @Evelien: Thank you! I appreciate your encouragement and the truth you chose to remind me of! I do know that song! Thanks!

    @Carissa: Thank you so very much! I need prayers! He has always carried me through somehow before, so I know He will be faithful now.

    ReplyDelete