Monday, January 11, 2010

The Three I's and My First Blog . . . and Post!

So, I don't know where to start with this. Really.

I wanted to start a blog on a sort of "whim," so to speak. I began to think of it in the car on my drive home tonight. Of the changes in my life as of late, of the challenges I'm facing, of how it would be inspirational and motivational to myself to share some of what I'm going through with others. . . . in the hope that what I'm dealing with will somehow assist them.

I want to be completely "anonymous," and yet, I want to be there for someone(s) who is going through the same things I'm going through. Or who could find what I would want to blog about at least moderately interesting, perhaps peppering in a little insightfulness and inspiration along the way . . . .

There you have it. The Three I's. Not what you expected when you read the label for this post, right? Well, I didn't expect it either, honestly. I'm a writer by nature. But in all honesty, I think I can place myself amongst the majority of real writers who would tell you . . . you don't write the stories. You don't write the poems. They write themselves. Sound spooky? Well, fact is stranger than fiction, of that I'm sure. And my life is a fact. And there are elements in my life that I would consider "stranger" than most fiction I've yet read . . . although I don't want to imply it's all "bad." Because this young lady is grateful for all the good she has in her life . . .

She's just struggling with some areas that currently aren't so good. That are being evaluated by herself and sometimes, it hurts. She needs someone to listen to her and someone she can share with. And she's writing all of this in third person. Hmmm.

Signing off for now, this girl is just a tad tired and a tad off! But terribly excited about starting her very own, FIRST blog!!!! yippeeeee!!!!!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Well, it looks like I get the pleasure of being the first comment on your blog! {:^D

    If you want to be completely anonymous but still want to be read I'd suggest you get out and comment on other blogs so that people will know you're here. The blogosphere is HUGE.

    Remember Proverbs 3:5-6 and keep walking the path.

    Dove of Snow is an interesting name--mind telling how you chose it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ISingBass -- don't even know if you will even see this response to your comment! Yes, it is so past due and I'm so sorry but I literally didn't see that you had commented (I don't even know why I didn't see it, still figuring this whole system out I suppose) until today, when I finally came back on here and made a post! So sorry! Thanks for the comment, the first one to my blog, ever! Hope all's well!

    As far as the name goes, I decided upon it after reading a scripture. It struck me that it's a lovely metaphor. (See Psalms 55 for instance) And it just fits with the command, "Be innocent as doves, as cunning as serpents." (Matthew 10:16) Thanks for asking!

    ReplyDelete